a word for "dictionary writer"


Senior Member
Hi all, is there a word for "dictionary writer"? Or are they simply called dictionary writers?

Thank you in advance.
  • Keith Bradford

    Senior Member
    English (Midlands UK)
    Defined by the great dictionary compiler Dr Samuel Johnson in 1755 as: Lexicographer: A writer of dictionaries; a harmless drudge that busies himself in tracing the original, and detailing the signification of words.
    < Previous | Next >