a word for turning over a quilt

Hi,
I just got to know that in AmeE - particularly in AmE - there is a word which conveys the idea of turning over your quilt, presumably in summer, when one side of the quilt is too warm, and you want to flip it over to the cold one. Do you by any chance know what the word might be?
Thank you in advance,
majlo

• Esca

ATX
    USA - English
    Majlo,
    I do something similar to that, although not with a quilt.
    I do flip over my pillow when the side I've been sleeping on is getting too hot from my body warmth, so I flip it over so the cooler side is against my cheek.
    I don't think there's a particular name for the action, besides flipping or turning.
    Also I've never done that with a blanket or quilt... it sounds like too much work, plus it's usually tucked into the bed. I would just pull it down.

Loob

English UK
    Majlo, are you thinking about quilts which are cold on one side and warm on the other (which I've never come across)? Or are you thinking about throwing off the bedclothes when you get too hot?

Majlo, are you thinking about quilts which are cold on one side and warm on the other (which I've never come across)?
    I've never come across such quilts either. ;)

I'm thinking about normal standard quilts. In summer, when it's especially hot, the side of the quilt that touches your body tends to get warmer than the other side. Then you might might turn over the quilt so that the cooler side touches your body.

A friend of mine was told that there was a word (verb) for such an action in AmE, and it was said by a very well-renown scholar, so I don't think it's balderdash. Though the word might also come from some dialect, and as such not be too widespread.

< Previous | Next >