A Word starting with letter A

< Previous | Next >

lingkky

chinese
"People working in city"does not have the same meaning as "people who works in the city"

Does "A word starting with letter A"have the same meaning as "A word which starts with lettet A"?

If yes,why??

• Englishmypassion

India - Hindi
    Does "A word starting with letter A"have the same meaning as "A word which starts with lettet A"?

If yes,why??
    Yes. The starting of a word with a letter is its permanent state ever since the word originated, so there is no ambiguity.

PS: You need "the" before "letter" in each phrase/expression.

Last edited by a moderator:

lingkky

chinese
    It means that

"A word which is starting with the letter A "has the same meaning with "A word which starts with the letterA"

There are three sentences with the same meaning

1." A word which is starting with the letter A"
    2."A word starting with the letter A"
    3."A word which starts with the letter A"

So,since both are true,which one is prefered to be used?why?

lingkky

chinese
    1."Give me a word which is starting with the letter A"
    2."Give me a word starting with the letter A"
    3."Give me a word which starts with the letter A"

Since the three sentences have the same meaning ,which one is prefered?
    why??

Egmont

English - U.S.
    ...Why is "I would not say"?I think it should be "I will not say.".
    Because would is used as a conditional verb to indicate something that might happen but also might not. At this time, Englishmypassion does not actually plan to say any of these things, because he does not need words that start with the letter A. IF he were in a situation where he needed to ask for such words, then - under that condition - he might say 2 or 3, but not 1.

A similar sentence is "If I owned a Ferrari racing car, I would drive it very fast." I do not own such a car, so would is used to show that the second part of the sentence is conditional or hypothetical.

< Previous | Next >