A word which means "practicing a bit"

< Previous | Next >

Albert Schlef

Senior Member
There's a certain English word which I forgot. I'm trying to recall it. It starts with "d", I'm sure. Maybe you can help me.

Here's a sentence: "I ______ with woodworking". The missing word should mean "lightly practice" or "doing a bit of".

I think that word sounds like "dowdle". When I try to recall it I have an association of dipping a finger in water.

Any help?
  • < Previous | Next >