About how much more important great

CathrineW

n/a
n/a
Hi!
There is a following sentence:

About how much more important great storytelling was becoming precisely because of all the ways, places, and times in which people can choose to be part of it. Or not.

The context:
<< text deleted >> About the fact that every time you start to tell a story you are taking a big risk -- for yourself, for the investors. Because you don't know if it is going to work. You can't. About how much more important great storytelling was becoming precisely because of all the ways, places, and times in which people can choose to be part of it. << text deleted >>

I don't understand why great storytelling was becoming so important.

The source is a blog of Andrew Robertson, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-robertson/consumer-electronics-show-2012_b_1213885.html.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Tracer

American English
    This piece of "writing" is utter trash. It's trying to impart "gravitas" but it falls flat on its face. It doesn't "mean" anything. It's typical of much contemporary "writing" in which the author really has nothing to say or is explaining something he doesn't really understand but tries to impress his readers that he's nevertheless an "expert" on the subject.

To answer your question precisely: I guess storytelling is becoming important because you can make yourself part of the story....or you can choose not to. In other words (I guess), modern man's experiences are so varied that they can put themselves within any narration or they can choose not to. Got that? Deep, huh? << text deleted - this is English Only >>

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >