about looking for a partner to practice your spoken English

Silver

Chinese,Cantonese,Sichuan dialect
Hi,

In China one can look for partners for the improvement of one's spoken English in many forums, BBS, or websites. I saw one of my friend's thread looking for a partner to speak English yesterday and I asked her a question:

I saw your thread about looking for a partner to practice your spoken English, have you found one yet?

I wonder if the underlined part makes sense. Since I don't know whether the following is also fine:

I saw your thread looking for a partner to practice your spoken English, have you found one yet?

Thanks a lot

• The first is OK*. The second would be OK, if it contained a quotation. It's not quite OK as it stands.

I saw your thread, "Looking for a partner to practice [my] spoken English." Have you found one yet?

Note the pronoun in the quotation would be 'my', not 'your.'

*with revised punctuation.

Hi,

In China one can look for partners for the improvement of one's spoken English in many forums, BBS, or websites. I saw one of my friend's thread looking for a partner to speak English yesterday and I asked her a question:

[1]I saw your thread about looking for a partner to practice your spoken English, have you found one yet?

I wonder if the underlined part makes sense. Since I don't know whether the following is also fine:

[2]I saw your thread looking for a partner to practice your spoken English, have you found one yet?

Thanks a lot

< Previous | Next >