About pronoun 'which/that/it'

FIFI SHU

Chinese
Last year, my brother and I went to Miami for a vacation. Some of my friends who had been there before said _____ was a wonderful holiday destination.

The underline's answer seems can put 'which/that/it/there' on it, they all seem to be work on the sentence, aren't they? If not, please give me your advise. Thank you.

• Chez

English English
    Have you tried saying the sentence with each of the options in it? Don't any of them sound strange to you?One should sound completely wrong. Of the other two, one of them would only work if you used another word with it. Only one of them works on its own.

So, with clues from Franco-filly and me, can you decide which one is best?

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    Some of my friends who had been there before said _____ was a wonderful holiday destination.
    You will see that the question is reported speech - it is telling you what someone else said. You must think what that person actually said.

A: "What was Miami like?"
    One of your friends: "_______ was a wonderful holiday destination." ('which/that/it/there')

FIFI SHU

Chinese
    Have you tried saying the sentence with each of the options in it? Don't any of them sound strange to you?One should sound completely wrong. Of the other two, one of them would only work if you used another word with it. Only one of them works on its own.

So, with clues from Franco-filly and me, can you decide which one is best?
    Thank you your answer.

FIFI SHU

Chinese
    You will see that the question is reported speech - it is telling you what someone else said. You must think what that person actually said.

A: "What was Miami like?"
    One of your friends: "_______ was a wonderful holiday destination." ('which/that/it/there')
    My question is solved by your clear explanation, thank you!

< Previous | Next >