About Spring / весна sayings

davdov

croatian
Hello!

I try to find a good expression to say something like "it feels like spring"
What do you think about something like: "В воздухе пахнет весной" ? or is there any saying about the beginning of spring?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Maroseika

Russian
    What do you think about something like: "В воздухе пахнет весной" ? or is there any saying about the beginning of spring?
    This one is very well (also ...запахло весной). Usually this is said exactly about the beginning of spring, when the snow starts thawing.
    Other variants: повеяло весной, (в воздухе) веет весной, чувствуется запах весны.

rusita preciosa

Modus forendi
    Russian (Moscow)
    From my POV, you have to provide a bit more context. What exactly you want the expression to convey? Whom do you want to address it to (is it a love letter or an informal email to a business partner?)?

Without any context, sounds good if you want to say "air smells like spring".

Cross-posted with Maroseika...

davdov

croatian
    I want to send a pic of my garden to one of my friend in Moscow, showing him that the spring is coming . I think what Maroseika wrote "запахло весной" sounds good. But if you have other sayings about it, i would like to hear it :) . Thank you

Drink

English - New England, Russian - Moscow
    I recommend omitting "в воздухе". Just "пахнет/зпахло весной" is enough. Another alternative is "в воздухе запах весны", but in this case "в воздухе" is required.

< Previous | Next >