Abracadabra

Enlasarenas

Spain, Spanish-Galician
I'm trying to get sound FX samples from the Internet to enhance a power point presentation. The one I'm trying hard to get now is the sound that in Spanish would go like this: "Cha-chán!!" when something magical happens. Could you tell me what this sounds like in English?

Gracias;)

• VenusEnvy

English, United States
    Enlasarenas said:
    I'm trying to get sound FX samples from the Internet to enhance a power point presentation. The one I'm trying hard to get now is the sound that in Spanish would go like this: "Cha-chán!!" when something magical happens. Could you tell me what this sounds like in English?
    Haven't you already said it?

The magician says:
    Abracadabra
    Abracadabra, alakazam

When something magical happens, you might hear a song like:
    Poof (when something dissapears)
    The sound of chimes (when someone mysterious happens)

Is this what you're looking for? . . .

pheeps

Spain
    No, está preguntando por el sonido que hace un mago justo antes de hacer algo mágico mientras agita la varita.
    Diría (por ejemplo):
    - Voy a sacar un conejo de este sombrero, diré las palabras mágicas, "abrakadabra..." y tacháaaaaan ( mientras muestra el conejo que ha logrado sacar)
    Como sería tachán en inglés?

Enlasarenas

Spain, Spanish-Galician
    ¡¡Gracias chic@s!!!

I think I found it in one of Windows Media sound samples. And the sound is......

TADA!!

P.D. Sí es tachán y no chachán como había dicho en un principio...

pheeps

Spain
    si tada me sonaba mucho pero no estaba segura y no me he atrevido a ponerlo

misterio resuelto :)

porchini

Mexico, Spanish
    I though about this all night, and doesn't the magician ask for a drumroll right before he unveils something? "Drumroll, please!" Just a thought.

VenusEnvy

English, United States
    Tada es correcto.

"And, now for my next trick, I will pull a rabbit out of a hat. Abracazabra, alakazoom! (pulls rabbit from hat) Tada!" :eek: :p

Enlasarenas

Spain, Spanish-Galician
    porchini said:
    I though about this all night, and doesn't the magician ask for a drumroll right before he unveils something? "Drumroll, please!" Just a thought.
    You're right!! Just before the "tada"sound comes the suspenseful "drumroll".....

Enlasarenas

Spain, Spanish-Galician
    VenusEnvy said:
    Tada es correcto.

"And, now for my next trick, I will pull a rabbit out of a hat. Abracazabra, alakazoom! (pulls rabbit from hat) Tada!" :eek: :p
    Wow! That's what I call magic!!:eek:

:)

< Previous | Next >