Abrase la correspondiente Acta Ministerial

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by CadaDeGringoAlmaLatino, Jan 26, 2007.

1. CadaDeGringoAlmaLatino New Member

English, Tennessee, USA
    This is an additional government document following an official statement stating that the ADA has received the information and now he is telling them what to do with the document. (From Jalisco, Mexico)

It Begins:

============ACUERDO==============
    ===ÚNICO. - Abrase la correspondiente Acta Ministerial, numérese de la manera progresiva y anótese en el Libro de Gobierno correspondiente, etc, etc, etc.

I've researched "Abrase" and it comes fom Abrasar (not Abrazar - hug) meaning - 1. to burn or scorch 2. to have passion about something.

Now I do not believe that a government document is going to be burned but how would you translate the sense of the word "Abrase" in this context. To me it sounds like embrace.

Such as: Embrace the aforementioned official statement , number it in a progressive manner and record it in the respective Government Book.

2. terepere Senior Member

Spanish, Spain
    ACUERDO ÚNICO. - Abrase la correspondiente Acta Ministerial, numérese de la manera progresiva y anótese en el Libro de Gobierno correspondiente, etc, etc, etc.

I've researched "Abrase" and it comes fom Abrasar (not Abrazar - hug) meaning - 1. to burn or scorch 2. to have passion about something.

Hi there,

"Ábrase" - Imperative form of "Abrir" (impersonal: que se abra= ábrase). So no hugging and kissing, or burning papers this time. It is similar to "levantar acta". But I ignore the right way to translate it here.
    Saludos

3. AdrianaMR

AdrianaMR New Member

Buenos Aires (República Argentina)
    castellano - República Argentina
    Literally Ábrase means "open up". In this particular case it means "to inscribe", "to register" ...begin whith the registracion of the document in a new act.

4. the boss Banned

Mexico
    Mexico
    i think is more than Inscribe or register. Ábrase means to start, to commence

5. CadaDeGringoAlmaLatino New Member

English, Tennessee, USA
    Mil Gracias, terepere for your clarification, i guess i have been working on these documents so long that my eyeballs are beginning to glass over

"Register" does make sense and I thought the same at first however it mentions just a few words later "anotese en el libro de gobierno correpondiente" so I figured that they are no going to ask for it to be recorded twice, are they?

"Open a new file" sounds like it would be more the fitting sense of the phrase here.

Thanks to all.

6. the boss Banned

Mexico
    Mexico
    I insist: in this case "ábrase" means to start. Actas Ministariales come directly from an invesitgation performed by the Prosecutor with the aid of the police. All what they do is recorded or written in soemtihng called an Acta Ministerial. In Legal Spanish, you say "ábrase el acta" when the prosescutor starts the investigation.

saludos