Abroad vs momentarily abroad

tittiugo

Italian-Italy
ABROAD VS MOMENTARILY ABROAD

Hi all! :)

When I talk with an italian people who's abroad, have I to consider they are ABROAD or MOMENTARILY ABROAD?

Thank you in advance!

• Retired-teacher

British English
    May I first correct the English in your question. When I talk to Italian people (or an Italian person) who are (is) abroad, do I have to consider them as "abroad" or "momentarily abroad". "Talk with" isn't bad but "talk to" is better. "Italian" should start with a capital letter because it is a proper noun.

Plain "abroad" is better. "Momentarily abroad" would literally mean "for a few seconds abroad". You might mean "temporarily abroad" meaning "abroad for a short time" (days or weeks) but that doesn't matter.

Last edited:

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    You could say Italians "abroad on holiday" if you need to distinguish that from Italians "living abroad" (i.e. permanently). :)

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    When I talk with an italian people to Italians who are abroad, do I have I to consider they are them as being ABROAD or MOMENTARILY ABROAD?
    Whether you speak to them or not, anyone, Italians or not, who is abroad, is "abroad".
    You could say Italians "abroad on holiday" if you need to distinguish that from Italians "living abroad" (i.e. permanently). :)
    :thumbsup:

< Previous | Next >