absolutely

Pidginboy

India-Local dialect
The following is the text I composed.

Honda Motor takes fifteen days to execute a production order while Toyota takes only five days, which is just one third as long. That is a clear indicator of production efficiency, and it is needless to say that production efficiency is defined absolutely in terms of how quickly the order is completed.

Does 'absolutely' give the necessary emphasis on the speed of production? Should it be replaced with 'purely' or 'undoubtedly' or 'roundly'? ( Sorry that I was unable to use a larger font due to a computer problem)

Last edited:
  • Dimcl

Canadian English
    The following is the text I composed.

Honda Motor takes fifteen days to execute a production order while Toyota takes only five days, which is just one third as long. That is a clear indicator of production efficiency, and it is needless to say that production efficiency is defined absolutely in terms of how quickly the order is completed.

Does 'absolutely' give the necessary emphasis on the speed of production? Should it be replaced with 'purely' or 'undoubtedly' or 'roundly'? ( Sorry that I was unable to use a larger font due to a computer problem)
    "absolutely" seems fine to me, Pidginboy. I only have a couple of comments - it's "one-third" (hyphenated);

Your second sentence starting out with "That is a clear indicator of production efficiency..." isn't clear because we're not sure what you're referring to. The subject of your first sentence is Honda Motors (there should be an "s" on the end, shouldn't there?) and although it becomes apparent after reading the text that when you say "That is a clear indicator", you mean Toyota's efficiency, although that's not really what the sentence indicates. I might change your second sentence to something like:

"Toyota's rapid output is a clear indicator..." OR
    "Toyota's lesser timeframe is a clear indicator"

< Previous | Next >