absorption cooking method

prpeggy

Chinese-Taiwan
Quoted from a magazine: "Most people use the absorption cooking method in the rice cooker, or boiling, which gets optimum elongation from the rice."
What is an absorption cooking method ? Does the author mean "absorption cooking method " is the same as "boiling"?

• Dimcl

Canadian English
    Quoted from a magazine: "Most people use the absorption cooking method in the rice cooker, or boiling, which gets optimum elongation from the rice."
    What is an absorption cooking method ? Does the author mean "absorption cooking method " is the same as "boiling"?
    Here's a website that I found through Googling which will probably help.

lablady

English - USA
    The absorption cooking method is to use just the right amount of water so that when the rice is finished cooking the water is absorbed. The water does come to a boil during the cooking process.

I agree that the author seems to be saying that the absorption method is the same as boiling, however I don't completely agree that they are exactly alike. The absorption method requires a specific, measured amount of water for best results. There are some cooks that recommend that rice be prepared by boiling it with extra water, but the excess water must then be drained after the rice has finished cooking. Here is a reference that mentions both methods.

< Previous | Next >