abuse of trust or confidence [ = embezzlement?]

• Copyright

American English
    Embezzlement is a very specific crime. Betraying someone's trust in order to take their money seems broader than that to me. But if you look up embezzlement, you can decide it that's what your heading refers to.

I'm looking for the most appropriate translation for the charge. So I paste a passage which describes it from the 2015 Penal Code of Vietnam. I hope you may suggest a certain phrase or word close to its description.
    1f609.png

"1. A person who commits any of the following acts to obtain another person property which is assessed at from VND 4,000,000 to under VND 50,000,000 or under VND 4,000,000 despite the fact that he/she has incurred an administrative penalty for property appropriation or has an unspent conviction for this offence or any of the criminal offences specified in Article 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174 and 290 hereof or obtains a piece of property that is the primary means of livelihood of the victim or has a spiritual value to the victim shall face a penalty of up to 03 years' community sentence or 06 - 36 months' imprisonment:

a) Taking a loan, borrowing, leasing property of another person or receiving property of another person under a contract, then uses deception to appropriate it or refuses to repay the loan or return the property when the repayment or return of property is due despite he/she is capable of doing so.

b) Taking a loan, borrowing, leasing property of another person or receiving property of another person under a contract and then uses it for illegal purposes which result in the offender's inability to repay the loan or return the property."

lingobingo

English - England
    I think embezzlement specifically means stealing money or assets that you were personally entrusted with, while fraud is a more general term for “criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain”.

Disclaimer: I’m not a legal expert! This is just a viewpoint based on dictionary definitions.