<Abusing science>: The entrenched belief that science is always right

< Previous | Next >

NewAmerica

Banned
Mandarin
The phenomenon of "the entrenched belief that science is always right" makes me think "worshiping science religiously is somehow like abusing science which always requires a room to doubt itself."

Do I use the word "abuse" correctly here?

Beforehand, those eager to cash in on this type of therapy had been quick to take advantage. In He’s case, a lack of investment in regulation overall is probably more to blame. Resources are still an issue in a vast and fast-developing country. In our view, such investment is also limited because of the entrenched belief that science is always right, or that scientific knowledge should be prioritized above all else.

Source: nature 08 MAY 2019
Reboot ethics governance in China

• Chez

English English
    As in your previous query, if this is your opinion, there's no problem with stating it like this.

owlman5

English-US
    "worshiping science religiously is somehow like abusing science which always requires a room to doubt itself."
    I agree with Chez's assessment of the suitability of "abusing" in your comment, NA.

I agree with your notion, but I wouldn't be quite as reluctant to express that idea boldly and plainly. I don't think you need to hedge your bet for any reason: It is not scientific in any way to worship science. Blind belief in anything is nothing more than fantasy.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >