Academic leave / Deferment of study

Discussion in 'English Only' started by steven2303, Jan 14, 2013.

  1. steven2303 New Member

    Hi all,

    I wonder what the differences between these two terms: "academic leave" and "deferment of study".

    For example:
    I study in a high school, for some reasons, I need to postpone studying in 1 year and come back in the next year.
    In that case, should I use "academic leave" or "deferment of study"? My friends often use "Reserve" but when I searched on the internet, I found these two terms.

    Would you please help me to make it clear?

    Many thanks :)
  2. Keith Bradford

    Keith Bradford Senior Member

    Brittany, NW France
    English (Midlands UK)
    I think academic leave refers to a teacher, not a student?

Share This Page