acceleration as the passengers

LQZ

Mandarin
Anyone can feel weightless by falling. During the zero-gravity portion of the flight, the plane flies toward the ground at the same free-falling speed and acceleration as the passengers. ---taken from the NYT
Dear all,

Merry Christmas!:)

Can I think of the blue part as "at acceleration speed because of passengers" ? Thanks in advance.

LQZ

• cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Sure, LQZ.

1) Don't complicate it!
    2) the plane flies toward the ground at the same free-falling speed and acceleration as the passengers.= (1) The speed of the plane is the same as the free-falling speed of the passengers. and (2) the acceleration of the plane is the same as the acceleration of the passengers.

That is why the passengers feel weightless.

LQZ

Mandarin
    Sure, LQZ.

1) Don't complicate it!
    2) the plane flies toward the ground at the same free-falling speed and acceleration as the passengers.= (1) The speed of the plane is the same as the free-falling speed of the passengers. and (2) the acceleration of the plane is the same as the acceleration of the passengers.

That is why the passengers feel weightless.
    Thank you, cuchuflete, I've got the meaning of the quote, but I am still confused about the as. Could you tell me its meaning?

LQZ

Mandarin
    the plane flies toward the ground at the same free-falling speed and acceleration as the passengers.
    = the plane flies toward the ground at the same free-falling speed and acceleration as the passengers felt/ did.:confused:

AM I right?

< Previous | Next >