accent about south China

< Previous | Next >

lgr632525968

Chinese
One of my friends tells me she likes accent about south China.And I don't think it is right,but I don't know how to articulate that correctly.Can you help me?Thank you so much.

• lgr632525968

Chinese
    People from different cities speak with different accents in China.My friend likes "southern China accent".I wonder how to say that correctly.

amateur.jf

English - S.Ontario, Canada
    She likes the accent in the south of China.

She likes the accent in southern China.

She likes the southern China accent. Or better: She likes the southern Chinese accent.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    She likes accent about south China :cross:
    She likes accents from south[ern] China. / She likes the accent from south[ern] China. / She likes accents from the south of China. / She likes the accent from the south of China. :tick:

or, if South China is considered to be a distinct region:

She likes the South China accent. :tick:

lgr632525968

Chinese
    Thank you so much.But another question accured to me.What is the difference between the South China,south China and the south of China?

Wordsmyth

Native language: English (BrE)
    [...] What is the difference between the South China,south China and the south of China?
    We use "the South China ..." only if it is followed by a noun, as Paul did in "the South China accent". In this case the name "South China" is being used as if it were an adjective. The article "the" belongs to "accent", not to "South China". The capital S would signify that "South China" is an established name of a region.

There's no real difference between the others ("south China", "southern China", "the south of China"). The term "south China" is perhaps used less often: we say "He's from southern England" or "He's from the south of England", but not usually "He's from south England".

Ws:)

< Previous | Next >