accent color

< Previous | Next >

renetta

Italy, Italian
Hi everybody, I have to translate this sentence, but I wasn't able to find the word "accent" used in this way, as a modifier. Can anyone help me understand the meaning of the phrase? Thank you

"Small details such as translucent rather than clear glass on the stair guardrails help diffuse light but also prevent vertigo, the inclusion of additional handrails at children’s hand height, bright colors throughout as accent colors on walls and integral furniture are smaller ways we made the museum more comfortable for small children."

• Mark1978

English
    It's a bit of an industry term. Accent colours refer to when a room is decorated in mostly neutral colours, however small amounts of bright colours are used. Usually one bright colour is chosen for a room, this may be repeated in various places such as walls, furniture, soft furnishings etc.

Teafrog

UK English (& rusty French…)
    It's a bit of an industry term. Accent colours refer to when a room is decorated in mostly neutral colours, however small amounts of bright colours are used. Usually one bright colour is chosen for a room, this may be repeated in various places such as walls, furniture, soft furnishings etc.
    Well explained. "Accent" can also used instead of "emphasis" or "distinctive feature", as well as several other meanings.

< Previous | Next >