Accept and value your child and yourself as an imperfect human beings.

Wiltedlily

English-USA
Hi! I'm am translating a document about discipline and strengthening the relationship between parent and child. I would like to know if I have translated the following phrase correctly:

My translation: Aunque ambos son seres humanos imperfectos, es important aceptar y valorar tanto a su hijo como a sí mismo.

Does it truly carry the original thought into Spanish in my translation? I feel like there is a better way, but i'm not sure how to structure the sentence.

Thank you for your help! :)

wiltedlily

• The Newt

English - US
    There's an error in your English original ("an imperfect ... beings"), but you probably want something like: "acepta y valora tu niño y tí mismo como seres humanos imperfectos." I'm sure a native speaker can improve on that.

silmulit

Spanish-Spain
    I would translate it very similar:
    "Acepta y valora a tu hijo y a ti mismo como seres humanos imperfectos"
    It could also be translated using the infinitive, although it would slightly change the meaning and it would depend on the context:
    "Aceptar y valorar a tu hijo y a ti mismo como seres humanos imperfectos"

Wiltedlily

English-USA
    There's an error in your English original ("an imperfect ... beings"), but you probably want something like: "acepta y valora tu niño y tí mismo como seres humanos imperfectos." I'm sure a native speaker can improve on that.
    Thank you The Newt, for catching that error. I had actually just copied the sentence in English and pasted it into the thread, which means that the original document has an error in it as well. Thanks again for catching that!

I also appreciate your suggestion as far as the translation goes. Sometimes I tend to complicate the translation of a phrase instead of going the more direct route with it. Thanks again!

EddieZumac

English/Spanish
    Hi! I'm am translating a document about discipline and strengthening the relationship between parent and child. I would like to know if I have translated the following phrase correctly:

My translation: Aunque ambos son seres humanos imperfectos, es important aceptar y valorar tanto a su hijo como a sí mismo.

Does it truly carry the original thought into Spanish in my translation? I feel like there is a better way, but i'm not sure how to structure the sentence.

Thank you for your help! :)

wiltedlily
    I would say "... as imperfect human beings."

< Previous | Next >