accept return of the Goods at full invoice price

Patitou's Friend

Polish
Hello everybody,

I'm translating (into Polish) "General Purchase Terms and Conditions" of a big manufacturing company that it imposes on its suppliers. In a clause titled "Non-conforming Goods" there's a sentence that I'm not sure I understand properly:

"Following rejection, Supplier shall, at the Buyer's sole discretion, and at Supplier's sole expense: (a) accept return of the Goods to Supplier at full invoice price, plus transportation charges and related expenses."

Does this mean that the Supplier will refund the full invoice price to the Buyer and will cover the transportation charges and expenses?

Sorry for this childish question, but English is a foreign language to me... :(

• Biffo

English - England
    Yes.

If the buyer rejects the goods, the supplier must take them back and refund the price. The supplier will also pay the carriage costs of having the goods transported back to them (and presumably the delivery costs as well if those were charged to the buyer). EDITED for second thought

(Bear in mind that I am not a lawyer and have no expertise in the law or legal language)

Last edited:

Patitou's Friend

Polish
    Yes.

If the buyer rejects the goods, the supplier must take them back and refund the price. The supplier will also pay the carriage costs of having the goods transported back to them (and presumably the delivery costs as well if those were charged to the buyer). EDITED for second thought

(Bear in mind that I am not a lawyer and have no expertise in the law or legal language)
    Thank you very much Biffo, that's very helpful!

< Previous | Next >