Accept

namlan

Banned
Vietnam
Dear friends,

- I just want to live the rest of my life with the girl I love, although We're not rich but we still accept.
- Is this sentence natural?

Thanks a lot!

NamLan

• elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English/Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    No. The verb accept needs an object.

Also, using although and but is redundant. You should use one or the other, but not both.

-Although we're not rich, we still accept XXX.
    -We're not rich, but we still accept XXX.

A couple mechanical errors: The comma after love should be a period or a semicolon (if you use a period, you should capitalize the following word), and we're should not be capitalized.

Finally, it's more idiomatic to use spend instead of live in this context, although live is not incorrect.

petereid

english
    - I just want to live the rest of my life with the girl I love, although We're not rich but we still accept.
    - Is this sentence natural?
    No. You have not explained what you accept. The word "We're" is capitalised as if it is the start of a sentence. Is it?

JeffJo

USA
    USA, English
    Better, would be:

'I just want to live the rest of my life with the girl I love. Although we're not rich, we still accept each other.'

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English/Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    'I just want to live the rest of my life with the girl I love. Although we're not rich, we still accept each other.'
    This is one of many possible interpretations of the sentence. Perhaps namlan meant "we accept reality" or "we accept what life has given us" or something completely different.

< Previous | Next >