Acceptation de la recette d'un système

sigalia

France, Paris french
Hello,

I am very puzzled because I want to translate the French notion of "acceptation" (acceptance) in the IT context of a "recette" (User Acceptance).

After a User Aceptance, the client may refuses it (because too many bugs) or accepts it (because it is coherent with the specifications).

In the case the result is acceptable, would we talk of "the Acceptance of the acceptance"???? It seems strange !!

Thanks for your help !!!!!!

• sigalia

France, Paris french
    I want to say that the acceptance of this first acceptance (recette) by the compagny will lead to phase 2 of the project. Does this help?

Moon Palace

French
    I apologise for insisting, Sigalia, but you have explained again the English you are trying to say, without giving the French sentence. And as I don't understand it in English (as it stands), I can't see how I can help you. Don't you have a French sentence?

If you are asking about the name for what happens when a software system/application gets tested by the target users, the two words I have most often heard while working in IT are:

User Testing - would be used in a general, every day converstation between programmers. "Is the compiler ready for user testing yet?" I've also heard "User Acceptance Testing" but not quite as frequently.

Beta Test - a little more formal, could also be used in conversation and/or also put into an official document. "During Beta test, users reported several performance issues." This is done with a restricted group of users.

As far as "accepting", I usually just hear either pass or fail. The compiler passed (or failed) Beta test. The compiler passed (or failed) user testing.But as Moon Palace said, I would need a little more context to be sure. Each of the above has a slightly different meaning, as explained if you look at the following link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_testing

Last edited:

sigalia

France, Paris french
    Hello, thanks for the information. I try to give the context in French. Je parle d'un projet informatique ou le client doit se prononcer au sujet d'une recette d'un systeme d'information. Si la recette se passe avec succes, alors le client prononcera formellement l'acceptation de cette recette, et alors et seulement alors, on pourra passer dans la seconde phase du projet. J'espere que ca vous aide. Desolee d'ecrire d'un clavier sans accent.

Hello, thanks for the information. I try to give the context in French. Je parle d'un projet informatique ou le client doit se prononcer au sujet d'une recette d'un systeme d'information. Si la recette se passe avec succes, alors le client prononcera formellement l'acceptation de cette recette, et alors et seulement alors, on pourra passer dans la seconde phase du projet. J'espere que ca vous aide. Desolee d'ecrire d'un clavier sans accent.
    Hi Signalia - I must warn you my French is quite limited (hence my constant visits to this forum!) so I am basing this strictly on my English speaking IT experience, but I will guess the best word to use for formal acceptance here is customer sign off.

Si la recette se passe avec succes,
    If the (software, system, application) passes user acceptance testing,

alors le client prononcera formellement l'acceptation de cette recette,
    then the client signs off on the deliverable,
    then the client will sign off on the deliverable,

(when the customer signs off on the deliverable, he literally signs a document known as a sign-off document.)

Hope that helps!

sigalia

France, Paris french
    Hello Garcondenyon !

Thanks for your answer ! That's exactly what I'm looking for !!!!

And thanks Enbonpoint for the link !

< Previous | Next >