accepted for early admission to class of 2019

GeogeHalin

Japanese
Hello members!

If you applied for university admission through an early admission program, and you got accepted, and you would be joining the class of 2019, would you say,
"I got accepted for early admission to class of 2019 at ABC university." to tell your mom the news??

Is that correct and natural??

I feel like we could leave out the to class of 2019. Is that right??

Thank you!

• owlman5

English-US
    Hi, George.

"I got accepted for early admission to the class of 2019 at ABC university." to tell your mom the news??
    Your remark seems natural if you remember to use an article before "class" in the sentence.

I feel like we could leave out the to class of 2019. Is that right??
    That's right. It would also make sense to say "I got accepted for early admission to the university."

natkretep

Moderato con anima (English Only)
    English (Singapore/UK), basic Chinese
    It seems unnecessary to mention 'class' at all as your focus is on admission. If you want to mention the year, you can just say, 'I got early admission to ABC university for 2019.'

peter199083

Mandarin
    The class of XXXX sounds to me like an American phrase, referring to a graduating class. Is it a bit early to say when he or she will graduate if a coming fresher has not arrived at campus?

It is most likely to be an expected graduation year after four years of studying in the US, but there are some unusual situations that students do not follow the normal schedule. A graduating class aside, I have also heard of an inaugural class.

< Previous | Next >