Access is limited

you3

Japanese
Hello, teachers

I moved into a new place lately because my former place had some security problem. One of my friends is worried that I may have the same problem again. I explained to her that the new place is safer because the street is a dead end and only the people who live along the street come into there. The area is not gated or guarded but if a stranger walks around people can be aware of him.

I said

"The access to the area is limited."

Does it sound okay?
I wasn't sure if "limited" expresses what I wanted to mean. I think there're more suitable words but all I could think of was "limited" at that time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

• The Newt

English - US
    "Access" refers to the ability or right to enter an area, so it doesn't mean what you need it to mean. Access to the area is in fact not limited.

Packard

USA, English
    I agree with Newt. Access is not limited. Traffic is limited. And that might offer some sense of security.

you3

Japanese
    "Access" refers to the ability or right to enter an area, so it doesn't mean what you need it to mean. Access to the area is in fact not limited.
    Thank you, Newt.
    I totally misunderstood the word "access" here :(.
    I wanted to say people who don't live in the area don't come into freely.

you3

Japanese
    So then, you might say something like "The neighbors who live on that street always keep a watchful eye out for strangers or suspicious activity."
    Thank you for the useful expression, Dale.
    Your sentence is exactly what I wanted to say.

< Previous | Next >