access provisions

< Previous | Next >

isabel...

Spanish
Hi, Could you please help me to understand this part in bold? Mainly regarding "provisions". The text is about ventilation systems.

Supply and extract ductwork shall be galvanized sheet steel and will be fully thermally insulated and vapour sealed, incorporating all necessary air balancing dampers and associated access provisions and for cleaning purposes. Fire/smoke dampers shall be located where ductwork passes between fire compartments.

Thanks in advance,

• Glenfarclas

English (American)
    It's a very awkward way of saying, "Provision must be made for access" -- that is, the construction of the ducts must allow access to the interior so that they can be cleaned.

srk

English - US
    I don't understand the "and" after "provisions." I would have expected "access provisions for cleaning purposes."

I'm not clear as to whether the access provisions (I imagine these to be holes with removable covers) are for cleaning the ducts generally or for cleaning the dampers specifically.

Edit: The "access provisions" might be for cleaning and other maintenance, but then I would expect "access provisions and for cleaning and other purposes."

Last edited:

isabel...

Spanish
    Could I replace it with the word "element" to convey a general idea?
    upply and extract ductwork shall be galvanized sheet steel and will be fully thermally insulated and vapour sealed, incorporating all necessary air balancing dampers and associated access provisions and for cleaning purposes.

srk

English - US
    Are you writing this or trying to understand what someone else has written? Are you translating it into Spanish?

The word "element" does not convey any general idea to me.

< Previous | Next >