access to health services and key outcomes

NewAmerica

Banned
Mandarin
The expression "access to...key outcomes" is not very clear to me. Does it mean "access to...important achievements (of the health reform)"?

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (born Marc 3, 1965) is an Ethiopian politician, academic, and public-health authority who since 2017 has been Director-General of the World Health Organization. <.............................>
Tedros joined the Ministry of Health in 1986, after graduating from the University of Asmara.[4] An internationally recognized malaria researcher, as Minister of Health, Tedros received praise for a number of innovative and system-wide health reforms that substantially improved access to health services and key outcomes. Amongst them were hiring and training roughly 40,000 female health extension workers, cutting infant mortality from 123 deaths per 1,000 live births in 2006 to 88 in 2011, and increasing the hiring of health cadres including medical doctors and midwives.

Source: Wikipedia

• Barque

Tamil
    The expression "access to...key outcomes" is not very clear to me. Does it mean "access to...important achievements (of the health reform)"?
    You're right. It isn't very clearly written. The access referred to is only to health services, if that's one of the things confusing you.

As I see it, it can be read in two ways.
    Tedros received praise for a number of innovative and system-wide health reforms that substantially improved access to health services and key outcomes.
    Tedros received praise for health reforms that improved (1) access to health services and (2) key outcomes.
    or
    Tedros received praise for (1) health reforms that improved access to health services and (2) key outcomes.

I think it's the former. The reforms improved both (1) access to services and (2) key outcomes (of measures in the healthcare field).

kentix

English - U.S.
    I agree with Barque. It improved access. And it improved (as shown by statistics) key outcomes (how many people survived certain diseases, etc.)

< Previous | Next >