accessible

< Previous | Next >

green_wind

China Chinese
Hi,

How do you understand "made accessible for" in the context?

X agrees to analyse or have analysed samples made accessible for chemical and/or physical properties.

• JamesM

I would interpret it as "made available," although I'm not quite sure what the sentence means.

X agrees to analyze (what?) for chemical and/or physical properties, OR X agrees to have analysed samples made accessible for chemical and/or physical properties.

If I'm reading it correctly, I think it might be re-worded as:

"X agrees to analyze samples for chemical and/or physical properties, or X agres to provide samples for (outside) analysis."

If the goal is to have X analyze the samples and provide the results of that analysis, I think it should be included in the sentence.

"X agrees to provide (us) either with the results of chemical and physical analysis of samples, or the samples themselves for the purpose of independent analysis."

I'm curious about the context. Is this part of a legal document? If so, the choice of words is very important, and I'm no legal expert.

green_wind

China Chinese
    Thank you, James. Actually it is part of an agreement under which Y agrees to provide X with samples and X agrees to analyse or have analysed samples made accessible for chemical and/or physical properties...

Your comprehension is right. I agree with you.
    It can be construed as follows:
    X agrees to analyse the samples itself or have the samples analysed by a third party, in order to obtain the chemical and/or pgysical properties of the samples.

Thank you!

JamesM

Perhaps it's in another part of the agreement, but I notice that this particular portion you've given us does not explicitly state that X will provide the results of the analysis to Y.

< Previous | Next >