accetto volentieri la sua proposta

daphnee

Italian
Ciao ragazzi!

Dovrei tradurre in inglese la seguente frase:
Accetto volentieri la sua proposta per la cena, la notte di mercoledì 15.

Si potrebbe tradurre con:
I accept with pleasure your proposal for the diner on Wednesday 15th night.

Il contesto è formale. Mi è stata proposta una cena di lavoro. C'è un modo più elegante per tradurre questa frase?

Grazie mille.

• King Crimson

Modus in fabula
    Italiano
    Ciao ragazzi!

Dovrei tradurre in inglese la seguente frase:
    Accetto volentieri la sua proposta per la cena, la notte di mercoledì 15.

I accept with pleasure your proposal for the dinner on Wednesday 15th night.

Il contesto è formale. Mi è stata proposta una cena di lavoro. C'è un modo più elegante per tradurre questa frase?

Grazie mille.
    Mi sembra che vada bene, ometterei solo "night", in quanto trattandosi di una cena mi sembra implicito. Un'alternativa potrebbe essere:
    It is very kind of you to invite me to dinner and I shall be delighted to come on Wednesday, [Month] 15th

Leo57

UK English
    I accept with pleasure your proposal for the dinner on Wednesday 15th night. (Night should not go at the end here but evening is better.:))
    I have pleasure in accepting your invitation to dinner on Wednesday evening, the 15th April.
    (I would include the month even if it is only two days away.)
    Grazie mille.
    Buon appetito!
    Ciao
    Leo:)

King Crimson...you are so gracious - as you can see our language is not quite as flowery as yours! Nice! (Mine is a fairly basic response.)

Last edited:

rrose17

Canada, English
    One thing is you would never say "proposal" for dinner. Invitation works best as in
    Thank you for your kind invitation for supper on Wednesday the 15th. It would be my pleasure to attend/accept.
    KC i don't know about "I shall be delighted". It sounds almost too formal/cold. I think "I would be delighted" sounds more natural to me, but this could be personal/regional.

King Crimson

Modus in fabula
    Italiano
    Buon appetito!
    Ciao
    Leo:)

King Crimson...you are so gracious - as you can see our language is not quite as flowery as yours! Nice! (Mine is a fairly basic response.)
    One thing is you would never say "proposal" for dinner. Invitation works best as in
    Thank you for your kind invitation for supper on Wednesday the 15th. It would be my pleasure to attend/accept.
    KC i don't know about "I shall be delighted". It sounds almost too formal/cold. I think "I would be delighted" sounds more natural to me, but this could be personal/regional.
    I take your point Leo and rrose but I thought that daphnee wanted something very formal, hence the tone of my suggestion. However, that was just to start the discussion and you, as native speakers, are surely more qualified than me to answer here...;)

< Previous | Next >