Accommodation Defense

jayzzz

English-United States
I am trying to find a concise way to explain the concept of “Accommodation Defense” in Spanish. I couldn´t find a translation in the legal dictionary. Thank you for your help!

Meaning of the phrase: If a person proves that he gave, distributed or possessed with intent to give or distribute a controlled substance classified in Schedule I or II only as an accommodation to another individual who is not an inmate in a correctional facility, and did so without having the intent to profit.

Original Text: Have you discussed with your lawyer whether the defense of accommodation may apply in this case?

Myattempt: ¿Ha conversado con su abogado si la defensa de que le estaba ayudando a alguien podría tener lugar en este caso?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
  • jayzzz

English-United States
    Has anyone heard of this type of defense or have a good idea for a concise translation?

Meaning of the phrase: If a person proves that he gave, distributed or possessed with intent to give or distribute a controlled substance classified in Schedule I or II only as an accommodation to another individual who is not an inmate in a correctional facility, and did so without having the intent to profit.

< Previous | Next >