Accommodation, travel and expenses will be paid

Little Star

Persian
Hi,

In my letter of contract to a correspondent I'd like to tell her that her trip is totally paid but I should specify for what expenses I am going to pay.
Can I use a future tense in my phrase and is that correct the whole phrase?

Accommodation, travel and expenses will be paid.

Thanks in advance,
Setareh

• Egmont

English - U.S.
    The grammar is fine, as two people have already said. However, the meaning is not. "Expenses" is a vague term. It is generally taken to include the costs of accommodation and travel, so listing them separately as well is redundant. What do you mean by "expenses," then? Meals? Laundry? You do not have to be specific, but if you don't want to be specific, there is no need to say more than "travel and living expenses." If you don't want to pay for first-class air travel and luxury hotel rooms, you might want to say something like "reasonable travel and living expenses." You could, of course, get very detailed, but that's probably not necessary.

Jim2996

American English
    I will second "reasonable travel, living, and business expenses." I added business expenses because their might be expenses associated/necessary for his job.

When you discuss the contract with him, this gives you both an opportunity to discuss what is reasonable. I suppose that it is somewhere between five star restaurants and McDonald's.

< Previous | Next >