accommodation types (in/for) elders/senior citizens

< Previous | Next >

mahsa.mim

Persian
Hi everyone,
I'm translating a paper which studies effects of different accommodation types in elders (such as living in a personal house, Nursing house and etc ) on amount of demoralization they feel. So how this title makes more sense in your idea:

>> Demoralization and its relationship with accommodation type /(types of accommodation) in/(for) elders/(senior citizens)

Thanks in advance

• Retired-teacher

British English
    The original would have been all right if "with" had been replaced by "to".

Demoralisation and its relationship to accommodation type for senior citizens.

Andygc

British English
    I don't think that works. The subject of the study is demoralization of the elderly and how it relates to the accommodation type that they occupy. That is why I suggested a revised word order. When choosing the title of a paper it is important to make clear the subject being studied - here it's demoralization of (or in) the elderly. I suggest that the term "senior citizens" as a euphemism for the elderly has no place in academic writing in BE.

Retired-teacher

British English
    It was because the subject was demoralisation that I suggested it should be the first word in the title. You are right about my use of senior citizens.

How about - Demoralisation in the elderly; its relation to accommodation type. This is a common form in academic publications.

Andygc

British English
    Yes, that's fair comment - putting demoralization first. I think we can agree on that suggestion. :)

< Previous | Next >