accommodation

bryce40

Spanish Spain
I am trying to translate an article about eduction.
I can´t understand this expresion:
placing a ELLs student in a mainstreamed English-medium classroom where no accommodation are made by the teacher is the least effective approach.

I Know the meaning of accommodation as vivienda but i can´t fit here another meaning. Thanks

• bryce40

Spanish Spain
    I am trying to translate an article about eduction.
    I can´t understand this expresion:
    placing a ELLs student in a mainstreamed English-medium classroom where no accommodation are made by the teacher is the least effective approach.

I Know the meaning of accommodation as vivienda but i can´t fit here another meaning. Thanks
    "and the answer that you need/are in a language you can´t read"

PryrLily

Colombia/Spanish
    "and the answer that you need/are in a language you can´t read"
    I am not sure what the above statement is trying to communicate, but... acommodations are provisions that are made for something that is needed. For example, for special education children they will have certain accomodations provided such as sitting next to a classmate that can help, placed in a smaller group with minimum distractions when taking a test and such.

I have used adaptaciones and modificaciones.

Cubanboy

Spanish
    I am not sure what the above statement is trying to communicate, but... acommodations are provisions that are made for something that is needed. For example, for special education children they will have certain accomodations provided such as sitting next to a classmate that can help, placed in a smaller group with minimum distractions when taking a test and such.

I have used adaptaciones and modificaciones.

I agree with your choices and also suggest:

...ajustes//medidas especiales...

< Previous | Next >