Accomplish something to...

EmmanuelOA

México - Español, English, Français
Is it correct to say 'We will thus achieve communication to be a key-practice concerning any organisational concept'?

And if it is, would you prefer it to 'thus, we will achieve that communication can be a key-practice concerning any organizational concept'?

Thanks!

• timpeac

English (England)
    EmmanuelOA said:
    Is it correct to say 'We will thus achieve communication to be a key-practice concerning any organisational concept'?
    Hi, no I don't think we can say this. "To achieve something to be something" is not a turn of phrase I am familiar with. I would suggest "we will thus manage to make communication...". Also you have hyphenated "key practice". I don't think that's right - it is simply a noun with its adjective and so should have no hyphen. You are suggesting by writing that that there is a word "key-practice" (accent on the "key") which doesn't exist as far as I know.

Finally, I don't understand what you mean by that "concerning". I'm afraid the whole phrase smacks of "business speak" and I am honestly not sure what it is really meant to mean. Could you express it in simpler terms?

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    You need to explain what you mean - for example what you mean by "achieve".

Even with the change you suggest, the sentence is not good English. I have no idea what you are trying to say.
    Sorry.

A90Six

England - English.
    EmmanuelOA said:

And if it is, would you prefer it to 'thus, we will achieve that communication can be a key-practice concerning any organizational concept'?

Thanks!
    I too am unsure of what it is you are asking. The sentences as written do not make sense. I can only think that if you replaced achieve with consider the sentences would make sense. Does this help?

< Previous | Next >