“What’s the problem?”
“Problem? There’s no problem. Not according to you, anyway.”

What does 'not according to you' mean?

• Hajar

Arabic
    “What’s the problem?”
    “Problem? There’s no problem. Not according to you, anyway.”

What does 'not according to you' mean?
    What first came to my mind when I read this sentence ..( it seems to me that they are close to each other like fother and son) the second one is upset and have a problem with something and the first one have no idea about it and he means here yea I have problem but not for you like it could be some thing easy to you NOT a problem to you because you don't care.

What first came to my mind when I read this sentence ..( it seems to me that they are close to each other like fother and son) the second one is upset and have a problem with something and the first one have no idea about it and he means here yea I have problem but not for you like it could be some thing easy to you NOT a problem to you because you don't care.
    My idea is similar to yours, but, unless further context is provided, we are in the realm of wild guessing.
    Who are the two persons to each other?
    What did they say right before and right after the two lines of the OP?

mink-shin

Korean - Korea, Republic of
    Hi, Sadnesses, Nice to meet you :).

Maybe you have same problem as I had.
    I think we can better understand it if we delete the word 'not'.
    "Problem? There is no problem, according to you."
    I should watch or read the dialogue including the context to be sure. But, unless I am mistaken, the word 'not' in the dialogue does not negate the word 'according' but negate the sentence followed by 'not according'.
    "Problem? There is no problem, (there is) not (any problem) according to you."

There's another thread, the subject of which is "not according to". I think it could help you.

not according to Santa's watch, it isn't

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >