Account Executive

Wie sagt man auf deutsch?:

I am an account account executive for a company that sells building supplies.

My guess: Ich bin Vertreter des Gessellschaften das kauft die Bau Nachtschub

I know this is wrong, but I can't think of a what an account executive is called in Germany.

• Sepia

High German/Danish
    Wie sagt man auf deutsch?:

I am an account account executive for a company that sells building supplies.

My guess: Ich bin Vertreter des Gessellschaften das kauft die Bau Nachtschub

I know this is wrong, but I can't think of a what an account executive is called in Germany.

I'd like to ask one question for starters: Is your first try out of a translation software? If so, my advice: Don't use them.

Otherwise my second advice: When you use dictionaries, don't count upon the first option it gives you being the right one. If it does not give several options and at least some minimal context to go with it, then get a better dictionary, because that is what one would expect from a dictionary and also need when one wants to translate even the simplest of things.

So here is my go:

Ich bin Führungskraft in der Buchhaltung einer Firma, die Baumaterialien verkauft.

Nachschub? A soldier calling by radio "We need more supplies" - "Wir brauchen Nahschub."

Vertreter? That's a representative. Usually a sales rep.

Executive? Just any, but not the numero uno. That what my translation says. The top one? Exchange "Führungskraft in der Buchhaltung" with "Leiter der Buchhaltung".

Company? They are nice company. Sie sind nette Gesellschaft.

Or company like in PLC or ltd - then Gesellschaft is OK, but there is nothing about that meintioned in your phrase.

See what I mean, concerning dictionaries?

berndf

German (Germany)
    "Ich bin Kundenbetreuer bei einer Firma, die Baubedarf vertreibt."

Note: Kundenbetreuer is less specific than "account executive". If you wanted to underline the seniority of the position it would be normal to keep the English expression. You regularly find it even in job advertisements. Germans often ignore the difference between "manager" and "executive" and often use "manager" even if "executive" is meant. Therefore "account manager" would be fine too in a German text.

bh7

Canada; English
    In NA business English, "account executive" has become a more important sounding job title for a sales or customer service person. Similarly, an 'employee' may become an 'associate' (Mitarbeiter). Security salesmen in a brokerage carry now almost always the job title 'account executive' and frequently also 'vice-president'. Neither one nor the other need be taken too literally. However, an 'account executive' would probably not be found in a firm's accounting department.

berndf

German (Germany)
    In business English, "account executive" has become a more important sounding job title for a sales or customer service person.
    That is correct. The German "Kundenbetreuer" does not even sound important. Hence my comment.

< Previous | Next >