Accounting document or settlement document

Lentastick

German
Hello everyone,

Could you please tell me the difference between an accounting document and a settlement document?

I need to find a general term for a document: e.g., if there is an advance payment, the accounting/settlement document (or something else) will be a cash document or a bank document for this advance payment. If there is a goods dispatch, the accounting / settlemet document (or seomething else) will be a disposal (realization) of goods.

What is the general term for such documents?

Regards!

• boozer

Bulgarian
    Where I work:
    The advance payment document
    a) if payment was made in cash: will be a receipt
    b) if payment was made by bank transfer: will be the transfer/payment order stamped by the respective bank (for the payer), while the payee will just see the incoming amount of money online or in their daily statement the next day. Of course, the payer will also see the outgoing amount online and in their daily statement the next day.

Goods being supplied :confused: Well, a handover protocol may be signed by both supplier and recipient of the goods

Lentastick

German
    Where I work:
    The advance payment document
    a) if payment was made in cash: will be a receipt
    b) if payment was made by bank transfer: will be the transfer/payment order stamped by the respective bank (for the payer), while the payee will just see the incoming amount of money online or in their daily statement the next day. Of course, the payer will also see the outgoing amount online and in their daily statement the next day.

Goods being supplied :confused: Well, a handover protocol may be signed by both supplier and recipient of the goods
    Boozer, thank you for your reply!
    Actually, I need a general term for all these documents. Can they be called accounting documents or settlement documents or anything else?

lingobingo

English - England
    As an overall term, you can probably just use “the documentation”, on the assumption that the context will make it clear what sort of documents that covers.

< Previous | Next >