accusative of feminine nouns not ending in -a

elroy

Imperfect Mod
US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
Cześć,

Simple question: How do you form the accusative of feminine nouns like noc and wiadomość, which do not end in a?

I am hoping there is some sort of pattern. :)

Bardzo dziękuje. :)

• Anatoli

Native: русский (Russian), home country: English
    The accusative coincides with the nominative in this case, as with any feminine noun ending in a consonant.

Native speakers, please confirm, if there are any exceptions to this.

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    The accusative coincides with the nominative in this case, as with any feminine noun ending in a consonant.

Native speakers, please confirm, if there are any exceptions to this.
    It seems to be a rule. I cannot even think of any exception, let you know if find any. :)

Tom

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    What great news! :) And I was worried I'd have to wade through a long list of declension patterns and exceptions.

A perhaps silly question: Adjectives and determiners that accompany such nouns are declined normally, correct?

Czekam na twoją pouczającą wiadomość.

Is the above sentence correct?

dn88

Polish
    What great news! :) And I was worried I'd have to wade through a long list of declension patterns and exceptions.

A perhaps silly question: Adjectives and determiners that accompany such nouns are declined normally, correct? Yes, it looks like this way, you're right.

Czekam na twoją pouczającą wiadomość. :tick:

Is the above sentence correct?
    Best wishes,

dn88

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska

A perhaps silly question: Adjectives and determiners that accompany such nouns are declined normally, correct?

[...]
    My question is probably much sillier, which doesn't mean yours is, but could you please explain what you mean by declined normally?:confused:

Tom

dn88

Polish
    Declined normally - in the same way as it is with feminine nouns ending with "-a". That said, we decline an adjecive accompanying a feminine noun (regardless of its ending) - always in the same way (I think there are no exceptions from that rule), e.g.

piękna noc
    piękna kobieta

That's how I understand it.

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Thank you.

That would be true, then. No exeptions that occur to me as well.

Tom

< Previous | Next >