Achats - "Achats, cuisine, service en salle, cet ensemble difficile à concevoir et à équilibrer..."

rmaguir

USA - English
Achats, cuisine, service en salle, cet ensemble difficile à concevoir et à équilibrer trouve à Monaco une illustration de qualité rare.
Does "achats" in this sentence mean "Shopping"? If it means purchases, it doesn't seem to make sense because they're talking about a restaurant and a hotel....unless this sentence is talking about what, in general, people do in Monaco.

What do you think?

• Missrapunzel

French (France)
    It's difficult to provide an answer without knowing the hotel! Does it have a shopping mall or something similar?
    Because hotels need purchasing too : meat ; fish ; vegetables ; all kinds of ingredients ; all kinds of drinks ; .....

Cat'

Français
    that's means that the Hotel carries off making possible to do shopping, go to restaurant in the same place (i hope my english is not too bad :(! )

rmaguir

USA - English
    There is no shopping center at this hotel, or the restaurant. Could the phrase be saying something like, "Supplying and making fine cuisine along with in-room service — this ensemble is, in and of itself, difficult not only to coordinate but also to sustain, yet here in Monaco one finds a rare illustration of quality."?

Missrapunzel

French (France)
    There is no shopping center at this hotel, or the restaurant. Could the phrase be saying something like, "Supplying and making fine cuisine along with in-room service — this ensemble is, in and of itself, difficult not only to coordinate but also to sustain, yet here in Monaco one finds a rare illustration of quality."?
    No I don't think it could.

Achat = purchase
    So as there's no place to do a bit of shopping at the hotel, I understand that they choose the best suppliers and buy only the best products for their hotel guests.

< Previous | Next >