achieve his aspiration

nngns

Banned
French-France
Hi My Friends, I was wondering which verb should be put before "aspiration" if I want to express that someone "[achieve] what he wants". For example, someone "aspires to do something/desires to have something" and finally he successfully finishes it/gets it, like "he [achieves] his goal/target." In this situation, what verb should be put before "aspiration"? I think "achieve" is not appropriate to be put before "aspiration". Thanks so much!
---------------------------------------
Hi Everyone, I just modified the title as [achieve/deliver/implement/respond/fulfil] the [aspiration/will]. I was wondering which verb and noun are appropriate for expressing the following case. Thanks very much!
---------------------------------------
Hi Everyone, I summarize the case as follows:
Someone lives in a very poor country [wants/desires/aspires...] to go to the United States and study Bioengineering with a famous professor. However, he can't afford it. With another person's support, he gets enough money and successfully pays the tuition fees and goes to America . I need to find a verb and a noun to express that "He successfully achieves his dream".

Last edited:
  • Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Welcome to the forum, nngns!

Can you give us a clearer statement of the complete sentence in which you plan to use the word? We'll be happy to help.

nngns

Banned
    French-France
    Welcome to the forum, nngns!

Can you give us a clearer statement of the complete sentence in which you plan to use the word? We'll be happy to help.
    Hi Florentia52, thanks for your reply. I want to express that someone wants/desires/aspires to go to the United States and study Bioengineering with a famous professor. However, he lives in a very poor country and can't afford to do that. With another person's support, he gets enough money and successfully goes to America and pays the tuition fees. I need to find a verb to express that "He successfully achieves his dream". Do you think [achieve the aspiration] is appropriate?

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Thank you for giving us even more of the context. :) We still need to see the actual sentence in which you would use the word. Is it this?

Someone wants/desires/aspires to go to the United States and study bioengineering with a famous professor.

nngns

Banned
    French-France
    Thank you for giving us even more of the context. :) We still need to see the actual sentence in which you would use the word. Is it this?

Someone wants/desires/aspires to go to the United States and study bioengineering with a famous professor.
    Hi Florentia52, sorry for my ambiguous statement. I want to say [The boy (who aspires to go to America) "achieves" his aspiration (to go to America)]. I wondered if "achieve" is correct in the setence [The boy "achieves" his aspiration], where [achieves his aspiration] should means [successfully go to America to study Bioengineering (his dream)].

I think "achieve the aspiration" is very weird because I haven't seen any "pattern" like [verb + -tion]. Should a noun with "-tion" at the end not be preceded by a verb?

Hi Florentia52, I just found a word "will" and I looked up in the dictionary and found "implement the will". Is "The boy's will is implemented" better than "aspiration is achieved"? By the way, should I post a new thread to ask this quetion becaust it is about a new word "will"?

Last edited:

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Someone lives in a very poor country [wants/desires/aspires...] to go to the United States and study Bioengineering with a famous professor. However, he can't afford it. With another person's support, he gets enough money and successfully pays manages to pay [there is no "success" in paying for something] the tuition fees and goes to America .

I need to find a verb and a noun to express that "He successfully achieves his ambition."

< Previous | Next >