Aching sexuality

Slange

Denmark danish
Hello - I am doing a translation into danish. An I am wndering about this sentence: aching sexuality.
The context is a producer telling an actress about her character in a movie. "you play the...her aching sexuality".
Directly translated sexuality is a bit clinical. Can it also mean sexual desire in english or is that too strong? An the aching - I was thinking if it could be the same as yearning, or her tense sexuality, or her insistant sexuality. An to give some more context: later on it says, "your sexuality is so, it's aching, it's aching, it's inflamed.
Hop to hear from you.
Love Slange

• The Slippery Slide

Britain
    Yes, Slange. In this context, aching is very similar to yearning. I think you understand it correctly.

Sexuality is more of a general personality description, though. Sexual desire is more focussed on a target, but that is probably what is meant here, as general sexuality couldn't really be descibed as 'aching'.

bibliolept

AE, Español
    From WR:
    ache - yearn, yen, pine, languish
    have a desire for something or someone who is not present; "She ached for a cigarette"; "I am pining for my lover"
    Desire, general or specific, focused or otherwise, can be painful, which makes "ache" such a felicitous choice.

TheAmzngTwinWndr

United States
    Hello - I am doing a translation into Danish and I am wondering about this sentence: aching sexuality.
    The context is a producer telling an actress about her character in a movie, "you play the...her aching sexuality".
    Directly translated, sexuality is a bit clinical. Can it also mean sexual desire in English or is that too strong? And the aching - I was thinking wondering if it could be the same as yearning, or her tense sexuality, or her insistant sexuality. An to give some more context, later on it says, "your sexuality is so, it's aching, it's aching, it's inflamed.
    Hope to hear from you.
    Love Slange

Just a couple changes I thought you might like to know about. :)

< Previous | Next >