1. VaneF

VaneF Senior Member

Buenos Aires
    Castellano - Argentina
    Hola! Quisiera ayuda para traducir "acomodar el pezón durante la lactancia". Supongo que hay algún verbo que sirva para este contexto, pero no se me ocurre.

Por suerte, hoy por hoy no son pocos los padres primerizos que averiguan cómo se cambia un pañal, cómo se limpia el cordón umbilical, cómo se baña a un recién nacido o cómo se puede ayudar a acomodar un pezón durante la lactancia.

Fortunately, today there are many first-time dads who figure out how to change a diaper, how to clean the umbilical cord, how to bath the newborn or how to help the mother (to put the nipple in the right position /adjust her nipple/ arrange the nipple) for breast-feeding.

Gracias!!!!

2. Idiomático Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    Latin American Spanish
    Fortunately, these days not a small number of new parents are learning to change diapers, clean the umbilical coord, bathe the newborn or position the nipple for breast feeding.

3. VaneF

VaneF Senior Member

Buenos Aires
    Castellano - Argentina
    Hi Idiomatico!

Thank you very much for your suggestion.
    The sentence refers to the role of men in parenthood, so I could say "not a small number of new fathers" right?

4. jasminasul

jasminasul Senior Member

Spanish Andalusia
    And also: not few fathers.

5. hcnd06a Senior Member

English - USA
    Hi, I see this thread is old but in case others are viewing it, I would like to weigh in on VaneF's question: your original translation is definitely the best, even though it is less literal. Idiomático's suggestion of "not a small number of new parents [fathers]" is more awkward but acceptable. I believe "not few fathers" is incorrect; in any case, I wouldn't recommend using it.