acotar

caputx

English
Agh! I just can't get my head round this one.....

El proceso de simulación de la boya ha partido de una todo un conjunto de valores y un diseño aproximado de la boya final realizado por X junto con Y, esta última aportó toda su experiencia y conocimientos para acotar las incertidumbres que pudieron aparecer en el diseño inicial.

All goes OK until "acotar".....

The buoy simulation process was based upon an evaluation and an approximate design of the final buoy carried out by X in collaboration with Y, who provided ................????

Can anyone help me please?!?!
Thank you

• space2006

Spanish and Galician - Galicia, Spain
    ¿Qué tal con "delimit"? De toda formas, esperemos a ver que dicen los nativos.

scotu

Chicago English
    RAE gives about ten definitions of this verb. Here are my translations of two of those definitions, maybe one will fit.

To put themselves in agreement, to agree with somebody.
    To change of scale the magnitudes of a problem to verify by computer calculation.

RAE "acotar" http://buscon.rae.es/draeI/

abeltio

Spanish, Argentina
    Agh! I just can't get my head round this one.....

El proceso de simulación de la boya ha partido de una todo un conjunto de valores y un diseño aproximado de la boya final realizado por X junto con Y, esta última aportó toda su experiencia y conocimientos para acotar las incertidumbres que pudieron aparecer en el diseño inicial.

All goes OK until "acotar".....

Seguramente va a haber otras propuestas, pero yo pondría:
    The buoy simulation process was based upon an evaluation and an approximate design of the final buoy carried out by X in collaboration with Y, the latter provided all their [his/her] expertise and know-how to minimize the unknowns that may have surfaced from the preliminary design.
    Can anyone help me please?!?!
    Thank you

< Previous | Next >