across the face of this 8 1/2 x 11´´ document

Wilky

Spanish
Hello:
These words "across the face of this 8 1/2 x 11´´ document" appear on the right margin of a death certification I have to translate into Spanish (Argentina).
The whole sentence is : State of Florida appears in small letters across the face of this 8 1/2 x 11´´ document. Which would be the right translation?
I started this way: La frase "State of Florida" (Estado de Florida) aparece en letra pequeña ...
Thanks in advance
Wilky

• AbogadoPeter

English - USA (medical & legal)
    Sounds right to me. The English isn't written properly (since, as you say, it is the phrase that appears, rather than the actual state) but you've correctly captured the meaning.

Fruche

Spanish from Peru and Australian English
    Que te parece ""State of Florida" (Estado de Florida) aparece en (minusculas) letras pequenas a traves de esta pagina del documento"...

Fruche

AbogadoPeter

English - USA (medical & legal)
    Que te parece ""State of Florida" (Estado de Florida) aparece en (minúsculas) letras pequeñas a través de esta página del documento"...

Fruche
    Bueno, creo sería "letras pequeñas" y no "minúsculas" porque a lo mejor se refiere a... letras pequeñas y no a "lower case letters". Sin embargo, la traducción sugerida es fiel y más claro que el original.

< Previous | Next >