acta en que se consigna la apertura

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by peluchon, Jun 29, 2007.

1. peluchon Banned

At home
    un acta en el que se consigna la apertura (de un sobre), sería
    opening record?? record of openign??
  2. Cathoos Member

USA, English
    I think you're trying to say opening act. Is it a group/band that is peforming first?
  3. peluchon Banned

At home
    No, this is a document recording the the date, time and circumstances under which something is opened. Example: a suspicious envelope was found in a post office (containing drugs maybe), so it has to be opened by the police, so the police draws up this document recording everything related to the openeing of such envelope: This June 28, 2007, a yellow envelope was open in the presence of Attorney xxx, etc, etc, etc.
    I want to know if this document can be called "opening record" or "record of the opening", do I have to include envelope??
  4. Cathoos Member

USA, English
    Hi Peluchon,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I tried to look up this information doing a search on the web. I'm not very familiar with legal terms in English nor Spanish so this is just a guess; I think the document would be called a 'Case Opening Document' but you will probably want to do some more checking. I would recommend going on Google or some other search engine. Well, I hope I helped :)