French base actualiser

Dictionary entry: actualiser
  • DrD

Dictionary Editor
    England English
    Yikes! That word looks like an abomination (dictionaries agree with me ;)). Are you suggesting it as a translation for the sense about calculating future values? I'm not 100% sold on this, as it looks like it's only used in levelized cost of energy, and even there, I'm not sure it's used as a verb or that it is exactly the same as calculating a future value. Might it be better to have coût actualisé de l'energie as a compound in French? Or have you seen this dreadful word used in a more general context?

DrD

Dictionary Editor
    England English
    OK, thanks. I had looked at the Wiki articles in both French and English. Hmm, let's pass this over to @Lacuzon and see what he thinks. I haven't managed to find any examples of levelize being used more generally, and like I said, I can't find it in any dictionaries (the reason I hate it is that it makes no sense as a word; level is a verb that means to make level. I can't even work out what "levelize" is supposed to mean!), so I think we would need the French compound in order to offer the English compound as a translation. If I can't find it being used more generally, I doubt levelize is a good translation for actualiser.

@Lacuzon - forme composée pour "coût actualisé de l'energie" ?