ad 1.2.1.8

TamMadu

Georgian
any ideas what 'ad' might stand for in the following context?
The following products are limited to manufacturing of investigational medicinal produ cts: 1.1.1.3,1.2.3.5, 1.2.4.6 1.2.1.17

ad 1.2.1.8:
other solid dosage forms are powder, granulates, pellets.

• TamMadu

Georgian
    that was my first thought to, but then I tried to look it up and I saw that 'ad' can mean 'up to' in prescriptions and I was thinking maybe it is not typo

and I continued the document on the next page and it goes like that:

ad 1.3.15:
    recombinant proteins/DNA
    others
    monoclonal antibodies

ad 2.2.3.5
    drug products etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hermione Golightly

British English
    <Duplicate threads have been merged at this point by moderator (Florentia52)>

Is there are source please (It doesn't sound like native-speaker English) and you could perhaps quote a bit more to place this in a context. It looks like a typo for 'and' to me at first sight.
    Welcome to the forum!

Last edited by a moderator:

JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    any ideas what 'ad' might stand for in the following context?
    The following products are limited to manufacturing of investigational medicinal produ cts: 1.1.1.3,1.2.3.5, 1.2.4.6 1.2.1.17

ad 1.2.1.8:
    It is a good idea (as well as required by the Forum rules) to provide a link to the source (http://www.pharmacompass.com/pAssets/pdf/edqm/Boehringer-Ingelheim-edqm-1467349808.pdf). It is a document related to drug manufacture and provides information in the context of a European directive. The document does not have a list of Latin words and how they are used but my guess would be it is Latin for "to" being used in a specific way outlined somewhere in an EU guidance document buried somehwere in Brussels:D

< Previous | Next >