ad hoc task

< Previous | Next >

GusVin

Portuguese
Could someone help me understand the meaning of "ad hoc task" in the sentence below... :)

"Identification of entities and value types in your domain model isn’t an ad hoc task but follows a certain procedure."​

thanks in advance.

regards.

• ash93

England, United Kingdom - English but can speak Urdu, Memon and Hindi
    Could someone help me understand the meaning of "ad hoc task" in the sentence below... :)

"Identification of entities and value types in your domain model isn’t an ad hoc task but follows a certain procedure."

thanks in advance.

regards.
    "Identification of entities and value types in your domain model isn’t for this particular purpose but follows a certain procedure."

Is the way I understand it.

mjscott

American English

"Identification of entities and value types in your domain model isn’t an ad hoc task but follows a certain procedure."

thanks in advance.

regards.
    An ad hoc committee is usually formed to complete a specific task, and then be no more, once the task has been completed. Some times, ad hoc committees will make up their own rules--rules they believe will expedite the completion of the task. The person writing this is saying that this is not an ad hoc task--it is one that already has guidelines that must be followed.

Vikorr

Australia, English
    Ad Hoc = all over the place

In terms of a task, it means you aren't following a set procedure

In terms of business, it means your focus wonders from new idea to other idea to different idea etc etc (ie. you don't have a core business)

If you were 'forming a committee', it would mean that you chose people without thought for their qualifications or suitability.

< Previous | Next >