Adam(2010), Bee (2013), Cown (2010) agree that .....

< Previous | Next >

eunkum

Korean
Question 1.
I want to talk about that there is agreement among three authors
(Adam(2010), Bee (2013), Cown (2010)). They found something in the past. In this case, can I say the following (Can I use the present tense "agree"?)?
Adam(2010), Bee (2013), Cown (2010) agree that follower’s needs, attitudes agree that their needs influence...

Question 2

Does the following passage contain either choppy/unclear wording, odd sentence structure, and/or grammatically incorrect verbiage, etc? If so, please let me know which wording/structure are wrong. Does "Process" sound unclear? If so, which word I can replace it with?

Bee (2013) define leadership as a process of social impact in which one person can support others to accomplish

• Liam Lew's

I think you can use the present simple if they generally(past, present future) agree about it. That seems to be the case here. Can you give us the whole sentence. The sentence is indeed unclear, at least without the rest of it.

eunkum

Korean
    Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. The whole sentence is as follows:
    Adam(2010), Bee (2013), and Cown (2010)
    agree that follower’s needs influence the behaviors of toxic leaders.

Liam Lew's

Your sentence is clear now. But it looks like you've altered the sentence. Why?

Your first sentence "Adam(2010), Bee (2013), Cown (2010) agree that follower’s needs, attitudes agree that their needs influence" is incomprehensible.:confused:

Myridon

English - US
    I assume "Bee (2013)" is a reference to some paper that Bee published in 2013, not to a person Bee who was born in 2013. While Bee the person may now disagree with Adam and Crown, I'm sure that the three papers still say the same thing so you can use the present tense.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    "Adam(2010), Bee (2013), and Cown (2010) agree that follower’s needs influence the behaviors of toxic leaders." is normal usage. It describes a state in which A, B and C all presently agree.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    No. It is a distinct style but normal. That said, "toxic leaders" is not a phrase that I would use unless it fits with the general context, then it would be OK.

lilison

English - Canadian
    "Adam(2010), Bee (2013), and Cown (2010) agree that follower’s needs influence the behaviors of toxic leaders." is normal usage. It describes a state in which A, B and C all presently agree.
    I would go with the plural: followers' needs.

< Previous | Next >