add picture by default

< Previous | Next >

nic456

UK
alemán
Hello, can anybody help me with the word order, please?

In a simple sentence like Add picture/file/user etc. by default, I am inclined to go for
添加图像默认 > by default at the end

but there are more hits for using the adverbial expression by default right after the verb
添加默认图像

There are more hits for version 2. This could also be interpreted as Add default picture
添加默认的图像
as 的 is often omitted. Any suggestions?

Xie4 xie4!

• xiaolijie

UK
    English (UK)
    Hi nic456, to get the help that is useful to you, could you clarify the following:
    I am inclined to go for 添加图像默认 > by default at the end
    Why is this your choice?
    but there are more hits for using the adverbial expression by default right after the verb
    添加默认图像
    This is confusing. Are you talking about the Chinese or the English expression?

nic456

UK
    alemán
    Hi Mod, thanks for your attention.

The sample sentence I am trying to translate is Add picture/file/user etc.by default. [Either picture or file or user, a simple noun.]
    What follows are my intents of translating the simple phrase and my reasoning and lack of knowledge and search results in the internet.

Hope this helps.

xiaolijie

UK
    English (UK)
    Hi nic456,

Your question seems simple but the way you phrased it has made it seemingly more complicated, which may be the reason for the lack of responses :)

For "Add default picture" I think there is already an established phrase in Chinese, which you've alread found: 添加默认图像 (For simplicity, 的 is often dropped from common, established phrases).

SuperXW

Hi Mod, thanks for your attention.

The sample sentence I am trying to translate is Add picture/file/user etc.by default. [Either picture or file or user, a simple noun.]
    What follows are my intents of translating the simple phrase and my reasoning and lack of knowledge and search results in the internet.

Hope this helps.
    默认添加图像 - 默认+添加图像 - add picture, by default - the default action is "adding picture"
    添加默认图像 - 添加+默认(的)图像 - add default picture
    添加图像默认 - not a good choice in any case

nic456

UK
    alemán
    @SuperXW
    :) crystal clear word order. Just because it changes in one language does not mean it changes in another. (总是添加, 默认添加). 非常感谢!

< Previous | Next >